Monday, May 5, 2014

Hagoone aadoo hozho'o nanina!


Geraldine Monroe and her sons, Andrew and Aaron were baptized this week!
The baptism was incredible, and they were all confirmed on Sunday!
Geraldine immediately received a calling to be the ward librarian.
One look at the library room, and she exclaimed, "Oh, this place will be brand new when I'm through with it!"
The Monroe family was so quick and willing to follow Jesus Christ.
Such an incredible, inspiring family.

I am being transferred to Leupp, Arizona! Click here to see a google earth view of My new home

Bittersweet, and I will miss Fort Defiance and the family that I have made here dearly, but I am ready for a change. I'll be taking all of you with me to Leupp! I love you all :)

Leupp is supposed to be very small and dismal compared to Fort, and I already thought Fort was tiny! There is one small store there, and everyone, upon hearing where I was going, laughed and said, "that place is the sticks!", or "it's SO hot and dusty down there!", and even, "who are you going to teach, lizards?". Looks like it's deep reservation for me.
This is going to be a huge change! I'm going from one of the most desirable areas in the mission, with city and a big ward, to the middle of the desert! I'll be living with one other elder instead of 3, also! 

I often feel so exhausted, lonely, and tired out here, but it is always worth it.

"For a long time, I always wondered if I was forgiven. Things weighed me down, and I struggled a lot. Honestly, that was always with me, until the day Elder Hilton and Pincock showed up on my front step."
-Geraldine Monroe

Have a good week everyone.
-Elder Hilton



 Im going to miss Elder Pincock
 Smack dab center of Fort Defiance
 tepees are a common sight around here, don't know if I've sent a photo home until now 
 Baptism of Geraldine Monroe and her sons Andrew and Aaron!
 This is Jumbo from Ganado, he is the nicest guy I have ever met. He is a counselor in the bishopric there, and buys steaks, brats, and burgers just for the elders to enjoy. We have visited him several times ;)
 Marie Upshaw :)
 Jade :) She is my Navajo Sierra.
 The Foster family had us over tonight for cake and a magic show! I will miss them so much!
 my Foster family!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment