Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Fire Dancing and Dead Gnomes


Well hello there!

This week was pretty awesome.

We got dinner every night, we had a blast driving around the boonies of Arizona, danced with natives in and around a fire, an old shima smacked me again because my Navajo wasn't quick enough for her, and I DIDN'T get sick for once! :D

The huge temple trip we are organizing happens this Friday and Saturday, to the Gilbert, AZ temple open house! We have over 25 less active members, recent converts, and investigators attending! Months of planning and teaching are about to be paid off! :)

We found a lot of people to teach this week, and are helping many people with their struggles and faith. It is so rewarding to see people progress, it makes giving up family/friends/life for 2 years worth it!

I was having a rough time this week, so one day I prayed and asked God to just show me His hand. I wasn't testing if He was there, I was asking with honest faith to be helped out a little bit that day. I had read in John, that Elias was a man of lust and sin (fallbacks) just as we are, yet he prayed in faith and stopped the rain. So I knew I could ask God to give me a little boost.
That day was AMAZING. One of the best on the mission so far. He answered me OVER and OVER again. We were led to some people who were SO ready to be taught, and it wasn't just coincidence. Everything was more positive and enjoyable that day. We set a baptism date with Ty also, who I've been teaching since I got here in Fort Defiance almost 4 months ago! We also found a woman who's brother passed away years ago, and she blamed God. She told us that she had been ready to return to her faith, but was too nervous. She said that it was an answer to her prayers that we came by, and she is ready to come back to God, and start over with church! God's love was SO powerful that day, and it was such an OBVIOUS answer to my prayer. I'm glad that He is willing to answer us even when our struggles and trials may be tiny.

Here is my challenge this week!
Get down on your knees, and ask God to help you with something!
Even if it's something little, that has been bothering you.
Or if it's something BIG!
He will answer if you ask in faith, work to follow His will, and watch for His hand.

Love you all!
Hagoone,
Elder Hilton
 Fire Dancing!
Allison sent me a Gnome, and the other Elders killed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment