Monday, June 16, 2014

What a Week!

Okay, let's just start from the beginning!
It all began on a hot, dusty day, when Elder Rosengren and I went to help round up some cattle. Our work consisted of following closely behind the huge animals, whipping them, and yelling so they would herd into a corner where we could lead them into a "squeeze shoot" where they were to be contained and given shots. We did pretty well. Every once in a while we had to jump to the side to avoid getting kicked. But overall, we had them all in the right area. My career as a cowboy was just beginning.
But then, it happened.
I was on the top rung of a cattle guard (to get a better angle for best whipping technique, obviously), when I climbed off, missed my step, and screwed up my ankle.
The rest of the week, I got to hobble around on a kids crutches.
So that was fun.
A few days later, we had our mission tour! Elder Carlson of the 70 came and spoke to us, and half the missionaries in our mission met in Chinle. It was SO good to go back through Chinle again! I didn't really realize how much I miss that area already!
I also got to see all the Elders from my old zone and district, it was SO nice! I even got to sit with Elder Pincock and talk with him about everyone from Fort Defiance!
Also, Kyle and Yolanda were married on Saturday! We helped all day with the preparation, setup, and wedding/reception. It was so great to see them finalize their family and have such a good day! We are working with Yolanda to get baptized now that she is married!
Finally, Elder Rosengren got a call, and he is getting transferred! I'll be having a new companion, Elder West, show up tomorrow. Can't wait to see what's in store!
Leupp is still there, it's as dusty and hot as ever. But I can't wait to get back to a full week of work with a new companion and see what happens.
Thinking a lot about friends this week. Ones from Fort Defiance and from back home. I miss you guys! God bless you all wherever you are!
I had a great week, and love you all.
Stay safe!

Until next time:
Elder Hilton

Rounding up the bulls


Dennis, Rosemary, and Primrose came to visit me from Fort Defiance!
Brother Harvey saw me laying in bed with my leg up and yelled, "Get up you lazy boy! There's laminates out there to teach!" So I hobbled up and took a picture with them :)

I had to hobble around on these like an idiot all week :)
Fun stuff.



Sister Riggs made us dinner outside!
She has become one of my favorites out in Leupp. She reminds me of mom! (In how they look and act)

This is about the average temperature in Leupp lately.
Joy.

Baby kitty

Miranda Sings selfie.
Kind of awkward because the general authority was right in front of us and watched us take this, and we only realized we were apostate afterwards when we remembered you're not supposed to take photos in the chapel.
THAT would explain Elder Carlson's critical expression

Elder Pincock and Hilton reunite
Beautiful Leupp, Arizona. Yep, it still looks the same

Kyle and Yolanda Chee married by President Redhair (left)

my district

This was my district this transfer. Enjoy this photo of their district selfie.

I got to see Elder Beus and Ellis (my MTC buddies) a while ago too!

No comments:

Post a Comment